Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Floor

I am fortunate to have a friend with a truck, who also happens to be a professional carpenter. This is  handy because his observations made me more confidant. In the beginning, though, it was great that he had a truck and was willing to run to Home Depot. Much simpler than me making space in my van and wrestling plywood solo.

I bought more wood than I would need for the project, expecting that I would make at least one catastrophically erroneous cut. There was a minor sale on A/A plywood that week, and with that it was only a few $ more than the C grade I had planned on getting, so I got nice plywood for the whole thing. 16 pieces $29 each. The most expensive part, but the wood is pretty. For a nominal fee per cut, Home Depot will cut wood right there if you need it. We happen to have a table saw, so I didn't avail myself of that service.

Unfortunately, some was going to be wood for the floor, so it didn't matter how pretty it was, it was getting a coating of anti-termite goo that hubs had lying around from a previous project. It is a watery green concoction that smells awful. I put it on the bottom, 2 coats. Let it dry. Spent half a day screwing things down, voila, the platform:




No comments:

Post a Comment