Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Exterior Complete

Skipping a fair number of repetitive details.... I finished installing the windows. I made the high square front window open outward using stereo cabinet glass door hinges and a pulley arrangement. Its not Fine Homebuilding, but it works. I installed two small windows that open inward at the top of the back wall, using the same arrangement with a fixed bit of rope and catch magnets to hold them closed. Hubby hung a single-lite door for me (thank you, Dear). Priming, painting and weatherstripping happened mostly ahead of Winter rain, and it worked out pretty well. (Note: after getting the door up and painted, when I finally removed the protective plastic from the glass I found a big ol' sweaty handprint on the inside of the sealed glass panes. Bummer.)

You can see the corrugated metal ceiling in these pics, too. I can't find the image I took of the "before" ceiling, but I did drill holes for airflow, and put a layer of silvered bubble wrap on top of the sheet metal, so there is an insulated air gap between the roof and the ceiling.

front window, open

back window, one open














No comments:

Post a Comment